Have you got an idea or project with no resources to take it forward?
Durham University Careers & Enterprise centre has funding available for SMEs with a base in County Durham who are looking to establish internships and graduate opportunities.
Match funding is available for up to 3 months full time salary costs (based on a pro rata salary of £17,000 per annum). The internships are aimed at capitalising on the knowledge and enterprising skills of Durham students and graduates to assist with business growth and development within the County.
The project team offer full recruitment and selection and ongoing support as needed, to assist SMEs with taking on and supporting a student or graduate intern.
Project offer from Durham University
- Benefit from the up to date knowledge and high-level skills of a Durham University student or graduate
- Eligible SMEs will be given 50/50 match funding for a full-time or part-time paid internship up to 12 months (based on a salary of a minimum £18,500 per annum)
- Full support with the recruitment and selection process
- Guidance on all information that must be retained under ERDF guidelines.
To be eligible:
- You must be an SME as defined by the EU (up to 250 employees and annual turnover does not exceed €50 million). This includes social enterprises engaged in economic activity.
- You must be based within County Durham
- Your business must not be within a sector which is not eligible for ERDF funding
Find out more
For more information on this please contact [email protected] or click the link below.Find out more