The National Lottery Heritage Fund is distributing £36m of government funding to safeguard cultural and heritage organisations across England from the impact of COVID-19.
Grants of between £10,000 and £3m are available to support organisations to reopen fully.
Applications for this funding close at 2pm on 26 January.
Who can apply?
Applications are being accepted from organisations and businesses that own, work with or manage heritage in England. As a guide, your organisation could be:
- Not for profit organisations that manage heritage sites, venues or attractions
- Local authorities, universities and other public sector bodies that manage heritage sites, venues or attractions
- Private owners of nationally significant heritage sites, venues or attractions that are normally open to the public at least 28 days a year or which host public events
- For profit businesses that are a vital part of the heritage ecosystem and who generate the largest portion of their income from heritage work. This includes conservators, contractors, specialists, suppliers and cooperatives
- Organisations that manage culturally significant assets or collections
- Organisations that provide significant support to the heritage sector
- Faith organisations that manage listed places of worship
- Non accredited museums.
Before you apply
Read the application questions and prepare your answers in advance. You must complete your application in one go, you cannot save your application or return to it. They recommend you draft your answers before starting an application.Find out more