To support businesses during the current lockdown, Gateshead Council has allocated Additional Restrictions Grans to establish the Business Support Grant to assist businesses with fixed property overheads, that have been severely impacted but have not been eligible to access grant funding since the introduction of local restrictions on 18 September 2020.
Are you eligible?
Businesses that have not been able to apply for a COVID-19 related grant since the introduction of local restrictions in the North East on 18 September 2020 may now apply to this scheme if they meet all the other eligibility criteria.
- have been trading on 30 December 2020
- be located in the borough of Gateshead, occupying and trading from commercial property, including shared spaces
- be able to demonstrate ongoing fixed property-related costs such as rent, mortgage payments, insurance, utilities and business rates
- be able to demonstrate the severe impact on the business due to the COVID-19 restrictions, including a significant fall in oncome.
Businesses who have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and those eligible for the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme are eligible to apply for this fund.
How to apply
To apply you must provide:
- your business rates account number where you have one, or
- evidence of property occupation and ongoing fixed commercial property costs
- bank statements demonstrating your business account was active on 30 December 2020 and at the point of application
- a declaration that the business has been severely impacted due by the current lockdown restrictions
Click the link below to find out more.Find out more