Arts Council England has launched a new Capital Investment Programme to support cultural organisations to adjust buildings and equipment so that they can operate safely post-pandemic and improve access, seize on technological opportunities, and reduce environmental impact.
Grants of between £100,000 and £750,000 will be available to charities, CIOs, CICs, statutory bodies and other public bodies who run or maintain cultural services.
Examples of the kinds of organisations that are eligible to apply include:
- charitable trusts
- charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs) registered with the Charity Commission
- charitable companies registered with the Charity Commission
- community interest companies (CICs) registered with the CIC regulator
- limited companies registered at Companies House who do not distribute profit to their members or shareholders
- statutory bodies and other public bodies who run or maintain cultural services
Applicants must demonstrate that the activities they are applying for will benefit the cultural sector within England and be relevant to the widest possible number of people. Partnership applications will be accepted.
The fund will open to expressions of interest at 12pm on the 5th October 2021 until 12pm on the 26th October 2021. Full applications can be made between the 10th November and the 13th December 2021.Find out more