The UK Space Agency is making space more accessible to more companies all over the UK with an acceleration programme for fast growth led by Entrepreneurial Spark and space industry experts from The University of Strathclyde.
This world-class programme is uniquely designed to support new space start-ups and help growing space companies to shape their products and services around the demands of the new space race, so they can grow their business in this dynamic industry.
There are two ways to get involved: through the Business Horizons accelerator and the Leo Programme.
Business Horizons Accelerator
Through the Business Horizons accelerator, leaders in entrepreneurial advice and space industry growth are brought together for an exciting programme of support, designed to help you grow and make the most of the possibilities of space.
If you sign up for one or more of the Business Horizons events you will be taken on a bite-sized journey focused around the specific theme you have selected.
- This will involve some prep work prior to the event which will ensure you are set up to gain and absorb as much knowledge and insight as possible during the event itself.
- You will join the 1-hour live event where you will not only receive new knowledge but also hear from industry experts and other entrepreneurs just like you.
- You will also have the opportunity to join a follow up Peer Discussion session later in the week to dig deeper into this specific theme.
They are also looking for 30 high-growth and high potential businesses for the Leo Programme – a bespoke, one to one accelerator programme.
If you’re accepted onto the Leo programme you will join the first cohort in March 2021 with other opportunity-hungry entrepreneurs. As part of the programme you will have access to;
- The enablement team – who will challenge and focus you to make your growth a reality.
- The opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded entrepreneurs.
- You will also get 3 hours of direct support from world-leading experts and academics to boost a particular area of your business.
Who is it for?
Specifically, they are looking for entrepreneurs who are either:
- Already operating within the space sector, and looking to grow within it.
- Using space technology but were not aware of it until now, and looking to develop this area of their business.
- Not yet using space technology but can see an opportunity for it, and would like to explore this new business model at pace.
They are looking for coachable entrepreneurs that are actively seeking to be held to account for their progress and have those tough but necessary conversations that will allow them to progress.
So, think about your own mindset right now. Do you want to grow your business and are willing to get truly out of your comfort zone in order to do it? If the answer is “yes” to these questions, then it may be time to sign up.Find out more