The North East Cyber Protect Network is comprised of officers from the North East Regional Special Operations Unit (NERSOU) working in partnership with officers from each of our three North East Police Forces – Cleveland, Durham and Northumbria. We are part of a national network of protect officers who offer NCSC-approved advice and guidance.
Our aim is simple – to help protect individuals and businesses in the North East in order to reduce the likelihood of you becoming victims of cybercrime.
We offer a wide range of services to help achieve this, including:
- User Awareness Sessions – staff training for phishing, passwords, securing devices & incident reporting
- Vulnerability Assessment – scan your public facing online services for vulnerabilities and find where your business’ IT defences are weak.
- Cyber Exercising – simulating cyber attacks to test and improve response plans
- Email Domain Watch List – searching email leak breaches for your company’s domain
- Cyber Basic Review – a self-assessment set of questions based on Cyber Essentials aimed at securing your business
- And more…
Our Cyber PROTECT officers come from a wide range of policing backgrounds including cyber investigation unit; comms; digital forensics; intelligence analysts; Police Community Support Officers and IT support. Collectively they bring a wealth of knowledge and experience from across a broad spectrum of policing functions and technical experience.
For a number of years we worked in partnership with the private and public sector including universities; local resilience forums; banking; business support and countless private organisations. We have supported business group meetings; conferences as well as working with businesses on a one to one basis.
If you feel we can help you, please drop us an email for a visit or informal chat. Remember, everything we do is free.Find out more