Specialist advice services for those who want to start a new social enterprise.
A social enterprise is a type of business where success is measured by more than just profits, where the social or environmental impact of your business is the key driver.
However, like every business, a social enterprise must make money in order to survive, to pay staff and grow.
If you think social entrepreneurship might be for you, then BIC’s specialist advisers can help you find out more about:
- Business planning & financial projections
- Legal structures – all types including Community Interest Companies (CIC) and co-operatives (CO-OP)
- Social enterprise governance and business management
- Funding for social enterprise and how to apply
- Defining your social impact and how to measure it
- Connecting with our many successful social enterprises and social entrepreneurs
Free one to one advice is available from social enterprise advisers for businesses based in the Tyne & Wear, Durham, and Northumberland areas.
A lecturer turned social entrepreneur is helping families and individuals access much-needed financial and support services after working with the North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC). Read more.Find out more