Digital Catapult North East Tees Valley (NETV) supports businesses from across the region to encourage the growth and adoption of advanced digital technologies. It helps demonstrate and explore the impact that technology can have on productivity, efficiency and performance.
The team’s challenge-led approach involves working closely with clients to explore key pressures and opportunities within their organisations, and identifying and sharing ways in which advanced digital technologies can be applied to increase productivity and growth.
This challenge-led approach is part of Digital Catapult NETV’s Business Challenge 2.0 framework, which ensures that the centre’s services benefit both the technology innovators and those organisations looking for technology solutions. The core principle of this framework is that all innovation should be ethical.
What’s on offer?
Digital Catapult NETV offers a range of innovation services for both technology startups and large businesses exploring advanced digital technologies. These services include:
- Fully-funded innovation residentials
- Tailored workshops
- One-to-one coaching
- Informational events
- Open innovation challenges
- Horizon scanning
Clients are provided with a range of benefits, including access to specialised equipment, industry expertise, collaborative opportunities, and hands-on innovation support from its team of industry experts and academics.
Programmes and services
Digital Catapult provides UK startups with access to the resources and guidance needed to develop, test and showcase new products, services and applications within four focus technologies: immersive, artificial intelligence and machine learning, future networks and distributed systems.
- 5G Testbed Accelerator: A 20 week accelerator programme empowering companies to discover, develop and test next generation 5G connectivity offering access to facilities and experts.
- Augmentor: Augmentor is a 12-week acceleration programme aimed at supporting early-stage businesses developing innovative and commercially-focused immersive solutions.
- CreativeXR: CreativeXR is an innovation programme designed for small businesses, creative innovators, and arts & culture organisations capable of producing immersive content.
- Future Networks Lab Accelerator: Provides existing startups with access to the mentorship, expertise and facilities they need to take them to the next level.
- Machine Intelligence Garage: Helps businesses access the computation power and expertise they need to develop and build machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
- Made Smarter Technology Accelerator: A national programme, set to shape the technology innovation for the manufacturing sector. Working with both manufacturers and innovative UK startups and scaleups, the programme will see leading innovators develop technology prototypes that will pivot some of the UK’s most prelevant manufacturing challenges.
Learn more about how Digital Catapult work with startups here.
Digital Catapult accelerates advanced digital technology innovation and adoption by industry to drive growth in high impact sectors of the UK economy. It provides valuable resources, programmes and expertise that enable businesses, partners and the innovation community to learn, explore, experiment and scale.
- Connecting with startups: Digital Catapult enables established businesses to connect with the innovation community to solve real-world industry challenges and develop commercially viable applications, products and services.
- Collaborative R&D: It works with industry, academia and startups to promote the application and use of future networks, artificial intelligence and immersive technologies within the manufacturing and creative sectors.
- Commercial solutions: Working with organisations of all sizes to transform industry and apply technology to real world challenges
Learn more about how Digital Catapult work with large businesses here.
Government and public organisations
Digital Catapult works with the UK Government and regional, national and international technology, research and innovation organisations to drive the adoption of advanced digital technologies and boost the national economy.
Learn more about how Digital Catapult work with government and public organisations here.
Research & academia
Digital Catapult connects academics and researchers with large businesses and our innovator community to increase the impact of research and accelerate the adoption of advanced digital technologies.
Learn more about how Digital Catapult work with research & academia here.
Digital Catapult helps the investment community connect with high-calibre startups and scaleups with the latest ideas and developments in advanced digital technologies – the innovators who are developing solutions that have genuine commercial application within the manufacturing and creative industries.
Learn more about how Digital Catapult work with investors here.Find out more