The Satellite Applications Catapult was established to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in specific areas and to help drive future economic growth. They help organisations make use of, and benefit from, satellite technologies, and bring together multi-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and solutions in an open innovation environment.
Their aim is to support UK industry by accelerating the growth of satellite applications and to contribute to capturing a 10% share of the global space market by 2030. They do this by exploiting the innovation potential in the UK industrial and academic communities, by being a focal point where small and medium enterprises, large industry and end users can work together with researchers to challenge barriers, explore and develop new ideas, and bring these to commercial reality.
What they do:
Energising the market – Unlock customer demand, opening new markets to the space sector, and driving exports, changing preconceptions and showcasing the power of space derived services.
Empowering technology – Help companies bring their product or service to market, by identifying and supporting the break-down of barriers to entry, such as regulation or accessibility.
Enabling business – They connect businesses of all sizes with the resources they need to grow, opening new routes to market and attracting investment.
They have a dedicated Business Engagement team with a broad range of capabilities that tailors our services to meet the specific needs of each business or SME. They provide different levels of support, depending upon your requirements and objectives, and some of the support they offer is highlighted below.
- Business growth – Strategic advice on how to scale up your business
- Service design – Expert support on turning technological innovations into sustainable services
- Technical expertise – Providing advice on the feasibility of your technology and the UK market landscape
- Technology development – Access, build, test: the latest technologies needed to build your service
- Access to data – Access to raw, processed, and analysis ready data as well as storage solutions
- Business design sprints – High energy business development sessions with designers, business strategists, and technical experts
- Collaborative projects – Bid with us into national and internationally funded solution development projects
- Funding opportunities – Investor readiness advice and access to investment programmes
- Export opportunities – Leverage our partnerships to access international markets with entry support
- Business support – Linking to incubators and Accelerators across the UK
- Regional – Regional expertise and support in satellite applications
- Catapults – Technical expertise, and access to support and facilities in a number of specialist areas