The British Franchise Association has been responsible for setting high quality standards for UK franchising since 1977 and through this process the industry has grown to provide fantastic opportunities to UK businesses and people eager to invest with franchise brands. The association delivers a globally leading education portfolio and provides a value rich platform for franchisors, franchisees and professional advisers to connect.
In June 2021 an announcement was made that The Approved Franchise Association (AFA) and the British Franchise Association (bfa) have joined forces to strengthen the UK franchise sector. They will unite to bring the two independent associations together, as one, under the bfa umbrella.
- Understand the franchisee recruitment process
- Go into franchising fully informed
- Make your application more attractive to prospective franchisors through the knowledge acquired
- Appreciate how to successfully own and operate a business
- How to develop and grow a franchise
- Legalities – confidentiality, deposits and the franchise agreement
- Business planning, financials and banking relations
- Franchisor case studies
The Qualified Franchise Professional (QFP) is the formal recognition of professional knowledge and experience in franchising. It demonstrates that you understand the complexities of, and best practice in, franchising and have invested time to continuously develop your understanding.
- Increase knowledge and experience in synergy with ongoing work commitments
- Invest in teams and support their development in franchising
- Experience a blended approach of compulsory QFP modules and learning events over a 3 year period
- Finally, produce a dialogue and attend a final interview with the QFP expert panel
Expert advice zone
The British Franchise Association shares lots of resources in their expert advice zone to help you as a franchisee or franchisor, no matter where you are in your journey. Some of the key resources are:
The British Franchise Association delivers a number of events and exhibitions for its members, and people interested in franchising. More details can be found on the bfa website and on the North East Growth Hub events section.
Find out more