The Advanced Manufacturing Forum (AMF) is a membership network which was established by the private sector to offer a single voice on behalf of the manufacturing community. They engage with members and the wider business community to exchange ideas and knowledge to create business growth and success opportunities within the manufacturing industry.
As the leading voice of manufacturing in the North East, the AMF’s objectives are:
- To support manufacturers in sustaining and growing their business
- To advance the broader benefits of manufacturing throughout the region
- To share best practice in key business areas including lean manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, sales, human resource, finance and the environment
- Through collaborative working reduce the costs of services and materials
- To promote the importance of a healthy workforce
- To advocate, educate and collaborate with education establishments to prepare young people for a career in manufacturing
- To establish manufacturing as an attractive, stimulating and rewarding career for young people
The benefits of joining the AMF are extensive and include:
- Free attendance at monthly meetings: See expert guest speakers discuss hot industry topics and the latest advice and guidance.
- Free attendance at AMF specialist forums: Including their: Marketing Club, Process Improvement Group, HR Forum and Finance Forum.
- Free PR support: They offer all members free PR support as well as creating media opportunities in the local press.
- Member to member opportunities: They create inter-trading opportunities between members and share their members’ opportunities and tenders to allow them to find the best providers.
- Introductory services: They provide an introduction service to preferred suppliers and associate members with discounted rates on products and services.
- Business support and advice: The AMF offers vital signposting to members looking for everything from funding to staffing to advice on environmental issues, and legal guidance.
- Training and skills: The AMF provides access to training programmes by members for members.
- Exchange of best practice: Share knowledge and best practice with the aim of creating growth, success and opportunities across the manufacturing industry and beyond.
- Access to a network of experts: Get access to a wide range of experts including our members, strategic partners and their wider industry contacts.
- Industry updates: They will keep you informed of industry updates and provide guidance on how these may affect your business and the manufacturing industry.
- Showcase your business: They will include your company news in monthly e-newsletter and all new members are given a fifteen-minute slot to introduce their business at their first monthly meeting.
- Discounts: You will be offered an exclusive discount for advertising on the AMF website and e-marketing.
Membership is open to all North East based manufacturing organisations; and we also offer associate and educational memberships. The benefits of joining the AMF are extensive – become a member now or contact us for more information.Find out more