COVID-19 has pushed businesses to embrace technology, transforming companies and the way we do business. We’re delighted to be piloting a new digital diagnostic, positioned specifically to support small and micro businesses (3-10 employees), helping them adopt new technologies. We have a limited number of places available. The diagnostic is free and will help businesses seeking to embrace and embed technology within their business model and processes.
Carried out by an experienced North East Growth Hub Connector, the Digital BenchmarkIndex takes the form of a questionnaire, helping businesses:
- Gain an understanding of how digital technology is currently being adopted across their business.
- Understand the extent to which digital technology is driving the achievement of the businesses vision and goals.
- Develop a framework to develop digitally driven business models that improve productivity, efficiency and performance.
Split into seven sections, the Digital BenchmarkIndex initially looks at the current value the business places on digital adoption, before looking at the levels of technology adoption in areas like cloud computing, CRM, ecommerce, social media, automation, and project management software. The final section of the questionnaire looks at the business’ productivity and growth performance levels in comparison with sector peers.
Completing the questionnaire with a Growth Hub Connector takes approximately 90 minutes, with businesses being asked to select from a series of multiple choice statements. Throughout the session, businesses will be signposted to relevant business support schemes to assist with digital transformation, as well as any other business priorities identified during the diagnostic.
On completion of the Digital BenchmarkIndex and based on the questionnaire responses and discussion, businesses will be provided with a benchmark report, and information on business support and finance and funding providers that can support them on their digital adoption journey.
To be eligible to take part businesses must:
- Be based in the North East LEP region (County Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland).
- Be a small/micro business (3-10 employees).
- Demonstrate an interest in transforming their business model and processes through the adoption of digital technology
You can find more support and advice about embracing digital technology in your business on our dedicated Digital Adoption Toolkit.