As part of our 5-day 'Newcastle Startup Week' festival in May, we're running a 'Funding & Finance' event at The Core, Science Central on Wednesday 17th May (1pm-6pm).
Speakers so far include:
– Introduction & welcome to Newcastle Science Central from Nick Forbes (Labour Leader for Newcastle City Council)
– ‘Sources of Finance’ by Dave Gibson (Co-Founder, Blu Sky Tax) + ‘The Funding Cocktail’ by Mark Gardner(Transmit Startups)
– Crowdfunding panel discussion ft. Adam Gillett (Senior Business Development Manager, Crowdcube), Chris Rea (Seedrs) + more hosted by Deborah McGargle (CLO, SeedLegals & EIR, Ignite Accelerator)
– ‘What are investors looking for?’ by Ian Richards (Director, Northstar Ventures)
– ‘Getting yourself ready for investment’ by Michaela Reaney (MD, Gradvert)
– VC panel discussion ft. Dr Michelle Cooper (Northstar Ventures), Jonathan Gold (Rivers Capital Partners), Colin Willis (Hotspur Capital Partners) & Adrian Hackett (Freeths) hosted by Chris Lowe (Global TMT Specialist)
– Investing in the North of England by Ed Prior (GP Bullhound)
Tickets are just £20 which gives you the option of attending all the daytime and evening events that week so please see full schedule at http://newcastlestartupweek.com/schedule/
Hope to see some of you there!
Plan Digital UK