If you have a sustainable business idea, are aged 18 to 30, and live in the North East of England… the Sustainable Start-up Award could be for you!
Delivered by PNE Enterprise, the Sustainable Start-up Award is a discretionary grant available to North East residents whose business is making a positive social or environmental impact.
Discretionary grants of up to £1,000 are available and can be used to cover costs that enable the business to be more sustainable, for example, purchasing recycled materials or energy efficient tools.
You can apply for the Sustainable Start-up Award via the online application portal, or for more information on the grant, get in touch at [email protected] or on 0191 230 6410.
Sustainable Start-up Award Eligibility Criteria
To apply, you must:
- Be aged between 18-30 and reside in the North East of England (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham and Teesside)
- Have a business idea that supports at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Have less than £15,000 in total personal assets
- Demonstrate a need for financial support
- Be pre-start or have been trading for less than 12 months
About PNE Enterprise
Situated in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the PNE Enterprise team offer business support and guidance to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups and established businesses within the region, providing confidential advice, training courses and workshops, mentoring schemes and access to funding advice. To date they have supported over 10,000 businesses to start-up.