Starting in January, SDN and UVAC are holding a six-part webinar series to help you design and implement your delivery model for apprenticeships.
The webinar series will take you through the different approaches being taken by HE providers to the delivery and end-point assessment of apprenticeships, how you oversee quality and its implications for staff. The series includes case study examples, practical tools and actions for you to implement.
You can book onto individual webinars for £49 (+VAT), or book onto the whole series for just £245 (+VAT). This includes the live webinars (with Q&A) and supporting resources.
The apprenticeship journey (Weds, 24 Jan 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- What does a good apprenticeship journey look like for the apprentice and employer?
- How do apprenticeships differ from traditional classroom programmes, and where might apprenticeships link to your existing work-based learning programmes and expertise?
- What are the key ingredients of a recognised, funded apprenticeship?
Delivery models (Thurs, 1 Feb 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- How do apprenticeship delivery models work in an HE setting?
- How might you approach blended delivery models and on and off-the-job training?
- What are the resulting requirements for all staff involved in delivery and support?
Roles and responsibilities – managing and delivering apprenticeships (Thurs, 8 Feb 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- What are the key roles and responsibilities required to deliver apprenticeships successfully?
- How do these roles and responsibilities compare with traditional HE programmes?
- How can you support staff to develop in their roles?
Understanding end-point assessment (Thurs, 22 Feb 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- What are end-point assessment and its importance to the apprenticeship?
- Integrated and non-integrated degree apprenticeships – what are the differences, expectations and implications for your delivery?
- The opportunities for HE providers – designing and assessing higher-level learning
Quality of teaching and learning in apprenticeship delivery (Weds, 28 Feb 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- What does quality look like and how will quality be assured?
- Can innovation be a feature of our apprenticeship delivery?
- What is the role of Ofsted, QAA and TEF?
Apprenticeships in practice: case study examples (Thurs, 8 March 2018, 12.30-1.30pm)
- Bringing apprenticeships to life – examples of how an HE apprenticeship programme works in practice
- Hear from an HE provider who has made significant progress in the delivery of apprenticeships and has an effective delivery model in place