This accredited course is designed to equip delegates with an increased knowledge of the commercial and contractual issues involved in importing goods in to the UK and an understanding of customs compliance responsibilities of the importer.
Who should attend this course?
Import directors and managers; shipping department and import personnel; freight forwarders; purchasing and procurement department managers and employees; management trainees; operations/logistics staff
Upon completion of a written revision paper, delegates will receive a BCC accredited certificate subject to a pass mark of 50%.
- Introduction – What is an Import?
- EC Trade
- Managing the import process – restrictions; preparation and research; enquiries
- Contractual and logistical considerations
- Incoterms® 2010 rules
- Methods of payment
- The Integrated Tariff of the United kingdom
- The Customs entry - responsibilities of the importer; valuations; Duty and VAT calculations
- Managing the customs process
Brexit implications will be discussed throughout.
Durham County Cricket Club, Emirates Riverside Cricket Ground, Durham, DH3 3QR, 3qr
in Google Maps