The Start & Grow programme is specifically to provide pre and post startup support to individuals looking to start sustainable businesses, which expect to employ people from the early stages and where start-up financing will be required to get the business venture off the ground.
Clients must have the aspirations, the commitment and the capabilities to make the business succeed.
The dedicated support provided is tailored to the individual needs of the business owner and the business concept. The comprehensive Start and Grow offering includes one to one support and advice; workshops and training; mentoring and coaching; and support to source the most appropriate funding available.
Typically clients will receive:
- One-to-one assessment with an experienced, independent business adviser who will review your business ideas and formulate the next steps
- An intensive personalised support programme, including guidance, advice and peer learning, leading to the development of a robust business plan
- Dedicated support in an application for external funding
- Ongoing support after business start-up
The eligibility criteria:
- Business owner will be fully engaged in the business
- Business Owner expects to be trading three years after the business starts to trade
- Business will create at least one additional job
- Business is expected to benefit from investment, either personal equity or a loan/grant
The support and advice that can be accessed by Start and Grow clients has been valued at approximately £5,000.