Taking on an apprentice has never been easier. Whether you decide to develop your existing staff or recruit new employees, making a commitment to invest time and energy into training an apprentice can be the best thing you ever did for your company.
The Government's Skills Funding Agency provides financial support to ensure that apprenticeship learning for 16-18 year olds is cost-free to the employer.
The number of funding employers can get for training depends on the sector and the age of the candidate:
- Aged 16 to 18 - 100% of cost paid
- Aged 19 to 24 - 50% of cost paid
- 25 years and older - employers may only get a contribution
This is paid directly to the organisation that provides and supports the apprenticeship - in most cases the training provider.
Whether you are thinking about taking on an apprentice or need support in recruiting one, South Tyneside Council's Business, Employment & Skills Service are here to help you. The team offers a one-stop shop with information and support for all your apprenticeship needs:
- Support in sourcing the apprentices through our network of providers
- Free advertising of vacancies
- Support with shortlisting and interviews
- Support with apprenticeship contracts/agreements
- Funding for the cost of training
- Sourcing a suitable training provider