We work with industry and others to harness business opportunities with the aim of delivering economic impact from the research and capabilities we fund. This can be in the form of investing in collaborative research as well as research training with industrial partners.
Innovation Partnership Scheme (IPS)
- The Innovation Partnership Scheme is designed to transfer technology and expertise developed through STFC funding to the marketplace in partnership with industry and other academic disciplines.
Challenge Led Applied Systems Programme (CLASP) scheme
- The Challenge Led Applied Systems Programme applies STFC research to global research challenges in the four key areas identified in the Futures Programme i.e. energy, environment, healthcare and security. Individual calls are aligned to specific challenge areas.
Collaborative Awards in Science and Engineering (CASE)
- The IPS fellowship is a scheme designed to support a role to develop the commercial exploitation of technologies. This is not a research orientated fellowship.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships supports UK businesses wanting to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance by accessing the knowledge and expertise available within UK Universities.
- STFC is partnering with Innovate UK as a ‘cluster champion’ to deliver business support as part of its Launchpad competitions.
Project Research and Development (PRD)
- We help researchers to explore the commercial potential of their research, to acquire business skills to develop it, and to take it towards commercialisation.