This programme helps unemployed (or working less than 16hrs per week) young people aged 18-30 to explore and test their business ideas, write business plans and start their own businesses or achieve alternative goals in education, training or work. We will provide you with:
- Advice on employment options
- Business skills training
- Business planning support
- Start-up loan funding (subject to assessment and availability)
- Ongoing support from a volunteer business mentor
- Access to specialist support, including free legal helpline supported by DLA Piper
- And, if you start a business, access to a wide range of free and discounted products and services.
The programme will also provide you with training to give you a taste of what you need to know and do to start your own business; one-to-one support to help you to explore and test your idea and turn it into a business plan; support to apply for a low interest loan of up to £4,000 for a sole trader and up to £5,000 for a partnership to help you to start your business (dependent on funding available); and mentoring to help you develop your business or access other opportunities in education, training, work or volunteering.