There are a number of apprenticeship opportunities available in North Tyneside that business owners can avail of.
- Anyone over 16 years old and not in full-time education can apply for an apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeships give an opportunity to work for a real employer - earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
- All apprenticeships include elements of on-the-job and off-the-job training leading to industry recognised standards or qualifications. Some apprenticeships also require an assessment at the end of the programme to assess the apprentice`s ability and competence in their job role.
- Apprenticeships are available at various levels covering more than 170 industries and 1500 job roles
- The minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour, but many employers pay more than this. This is dependant on the sector, region and apprenticeship level.
- After finishing, the majority of apprentices (85%) will stay in employment, with two-thirds (64%) staying with the same employer
- A third (32%) of all former apprentices had received a promotion within 12 months of finishing - of those in work three quarters (75%) reported taking on more responsibilities in their job
- mployers think that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications