There are a number of high quality apprenticeship providers available to North Tyneside businesses. North Tyneside Council’s Employment and Skills service offers a customised business focused approach to employers, of any size, looking to the apprentice system to plan for future growth
- Anyone over 16 years old can apply for an apprenticeship which combines working with studying to gain skills and knowledge in a specific job.
- Apprentices can be new or current employees
- Apprentices earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
- All apprenticeships include elements of on-the-job and off-the-job training leading to industry recognised standards or qualifications..
- Apprenticeships are available at various levels covering more than 170 industries and 1500 job roles
- The minimum wage for apprentices is currently £3.70 per hour, but many employers pay more than this.
- After finishing, the majority of apprentices (85%) will stay in employment, with two-thirds (64%) staying with the same employer
- A third (32%) of all former apprentices had received a promotion within 12 months of finishing - of those in work three quarters (75%) reported taking on more responsibilities in their job
- Employers think that qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications