Here at FIRST, we are currently matching enterprising young people with far-sighted SMEs keen to harness future talent and help us showcase the amazing businesses within the region.
The goal is to place highly skilled students in local SMEs in order to give growing businesses additional support with meaningful, short term projects. The working pattern is designed around both the student and businesses with the programme contracted by Northumberland College and fully funded by the European Social Fund and the Skills Funding Agency. So if you, or any businesses within your network is in need an extra pair of hands, read on!
- Businesses must be registered in County Durham, Tyne and Wear or Northumberland and have less than 250 staff, and/or a turnover of less than €50M.
- The placements are 30-50 unpaid hours which can be completed over a number of weeks depending on the availability of both the student and business.
- Placements are flexible and can be split between the work place and working remotely.
- The students will be placed in an business that is aligned with their interests or chosen sector.
- These placements are a great way for students to immerse themselves in the business, work
environment and add to their CV.
- The business must have employers liability insurance and the relevant health and safety
- The business can take as many placements as they wish.
- There is NO COST to the business.
- Sole traders, LTDs, charities and CICs can apply.