This European partnership project started in April 2016 and is due to run until March 2021.
The first 30 months involve developing an action plan, with the following two years monitoring the success of the project.
Funded through the Interreg Europe programme, the project is worth a total of €257,126 to Durahm County Council (of which 85% is funding by European Regional Development Fund, and 15% by Durham County Council).
The project is led by the Municipality of Potenza, Italy and involves partners from Italy (Basilicata Region), Hungary (Mi6), Lithuania (University of Kaunas), Romania (Alba Iulia Municipality), Portugal (Municipality of Vila Nova de Gaia), and the UK (Durham).
Project Partner Steering Group meetings are held approximately every six months, with each partner country taking turns to demonstrate their knowledge and experience within their municipality, and share learning with project partners.
lf you get involved your business can:
- Learn how to improve the energy efficiency of your business
- Gain access to best practice and experience from a range of participating European partners
- Share your own best practices and experience with other areas across Europe (for example, Durham will be working on a project with an organisation called Mi6 in Hungary, which will be focussed on energy efficiency and small business innovation)
- Access information on new alternative energy technologies
- Increase the capacity of your staff to improve your company's energy efficiency