The North East Skills Sharing website is a portal to support, encourage and promote skills sharing between local businesses and not-for-profit organisations in the North East because it:
- Helps you to act responsibly, and to show it.
- Can help you with staff retention, motivation and development. Volunteering can improve people’s wellbeing, confidence and skills; helping you nurture a healthy, happy workforce.
- Supports the community that supports you. Voluntary organisations keep money circulating locally and support the independence, resilience and confidence of the people they support.
- Helps you demonstrate your social value. In line with the Social Value Act, demonstrating your social value can support you to win public sector contracts.
- Is the right thing to do. The North East is a philanthropic, caring, interconnected region with a unique sense of place and a tradition of self-help.
- Helps you with the bottom line! For all the reasons mentioned above, and more besides.