Better Business for All
We could tell you what the Better Business for All (BBfA) initiative is all about but we would rather tell you first about the benefits that businesses like yours have gained. For examples:
Business A wanted to develop some new food products and needed labelling advice. By working together with their local Environmental Health service the food labels were soon compliant and completed in next-to-no time. The business owner felt reassured that the correctly labelled products on the supermarket shelves wouldn’t cause him any sleepless nights.
Business B is an award winning cheesemaker. They sought weights and measures advice to find out if their scales were accurate to ensure that the products weighed the correct amount and to protect the business from giving too much away.
Business C is a gym. The owner ran lots of classes with loud music playing. He hadn’t thought about the effect on his hearing over time. A Health and Safety Officer visited and offered to take noise readings. As a result the owner purchased a decent set of ear plugs and saved himself major health problems further down the years.
As well as helping businesses solve issues like above we have also helped companies with:
- Supplier issues
- Fire Safety
- Product recall advice
- Allergen training and advice
- Licencing advice
If you have any of the problems and challenges listed or another issue that is keeping you awake at night Better Business for All (BBfA) may be able to help you.
Who we are and what we do
Better Business for All (BBfA) is an initiative that brings together regulators, local businesses and business organisations to show how, by working with regulators, they can save time and money, improve their competitiveness and help their business to grow.
We do this by working in partnership with local businesses to reach an understanding of each individual business and the pressures it faces on a daily basis.
We aim to take away the barriers and help your business grow?
We want to help your business grow by understanding each other’s perspectives. Together we can create a safe and fair trading environment that supports business growth, encourages fair competition and protects consumers.
We encourage you to seek trusted advice from us so that you can plan with confidence. We want to provide the reassurance that you are doing the right things to comply with legislation. In doing so, we hope to build relationships that take away the fear of regulation and inspection.
We can help you with practical understanding of the law in the following areas:
- Food Standards
- Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Environmental Health
- Building Control and Regulations
- Trading Standards
- Pollution Control
- Environmental Services
- Landlords and Private Housing
- Employing People
Benefits to Businesses
- Getting it right, first time
- Be reassured and confident that you are doing the right things
- Get advice on the law which makes it easier to understand
- Save time by receiving expert help and advice, rather than struggling on your own
- Save money because the advice we give won’t ask you to do more than you have to do to comply
- Know that you are receiving low cost and free advice from a trusted expert source
- Develop a strong working relationship with your local regulators
Who are the BBfA partners?
The Better Business for All (BBfA) partnership consists of the seven councils within the North East Local Enterprise Partnership area, the Fire Service, the Federation of Small Business (FSB) and the North East Growth Hub. Our role is to support you to do enough to comply with the law and to stop you being held back by red tape. We want to provide you with reassurance that you are compliant with the regulations that apply to your business, whatever that is.
Who we work with
We work with all types of businesses including producers, manufacturers and retailers. This includes the food and hospitality sector including bars and cafes, hotels and restaurants. We also support businesses involved in tourism and holding public events.
Advice we provide
Whether you’re a start-up or a well-established business which needs help, there are different regulations and regulatory bodies that you need to deal with depending on the type of business you are. Here’s a few of the things we can help you with…
- Signposting to regulatory bodies outside of the BBfA partnership like HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) or the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Trading Standards - fair trading, product safety, weights and measures age-related sales advice and Primary Authority
- Licensing - for businesses involved in a wide range of activities including alcohol, gambling and entertainment
- Food Safety - production, storage or selling food and drink, labelling, weight controls, food hygiene
- Health and Safety - looking after the health and safety of employees, customers and others
- Building Regulations - standards in construction, inspection, safety, planning permission and more
- Fire Safety - fire safety advice, risk assessments, FAQ and checklists on delivering fire safety
- Employing People - taking on staff to work for the business
- Planning - controls and guidance
- Commercial waste advice
Please get in touch and we'll show you how you can be sure you are complying with the law and are free to carry on running your business..
Want to hear from more BBfA customers?